- Flag: The Greek flag features a white cross and a pattern of dark blue and white horizontal stripes. The cross symbolizes the Greek religious faith, while the nine stripes represent the nine syllables of the country’s battlecry (“Freedom or death”) during the Greek war of independence.
- Total Area: 50,942 sq mi (131,940 sq km)
- Government: Parliamentary republic
- Languages: Greek 99% (official), English, French
- Religion: Greek Orthodox 98%, Islam 1.3%, other .7%
- Date/s visited: July 2015 (7 days)
- Must do’s and see’s in Athens: The Ancient Agora
- Must do’s and see’s in Athens: The Acropolis
- Must do’s and see’s in Athens: Exploring the city by Happy Train and Free Walking Tour
- Must do’s and see’s in Athens: The National Archaeological Museum
- GREECE: Visiting the Sanctuary of Delphi, the omphalos (navel of the world)
- GREECE: A trip to the monasteries “suspended in the air”, Meteora!
- GREECE: A side trip to the Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion and to a local beach resort in Voula