NETHERLANDS (Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- Flag: The Dutch tricolored flag of red, white and blue was inspired by the livery of Prince William I of Orange, who led the struggle for independence against Spain. The colors, however, were originally orange, white and blue. But due to the instability of the orange dye when exposed to the sun, red was used instead.
- Total Area: 16,033 sq mi (41,526 sq km)
- Government: Constitutional monarchy
- Languages: Dutch (official) note: Frisian, Low Saxon, and Limburgish are recognized as regional languages under the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages
- Religion: Roman Catholic 28%, Protestant 19% (includes Dutch Reformed 9%, Protestant Church of The Netherlands, 7%, Calvinist 3%), other 11% (includes about 5% Muslim and lesser numbers of Hindu, Buddhist, Jehovah’s Witness, and Orthodox), none 42% (2009 est.)
- Date/s visited: December-January 2013 (9 days), September 2014 (1 day)
- MAASTRICHT: A sightseeing tour around the medieval city
- MAASTRICHT: A city of “joie de vivre”!
- MAASTRICHT: Chateau Neercanne – The only terraced castle in the Netherlands
- KINDERDIJK: The largest concentration of old authentic windmills in the Netherlands
- ROTTERDAM: The Euromast, a proud member of the World Federation of Great Towers
- SS Rotterdam: The Grande Dame, a luxurious cruise ship hotel
- ROTTERDAM: The Gateway to Europe (A tour to the River Maas, Maas Tunnel and Erasmus Bridge
- The enduring Dutch town of Spijkenisse
- SPIJKENISSE: A glimpse of the Dutch way of life