- Flag: The white symbolizes hope for freedom, and the red refers to the socialist era. It was adopted in 1919.
- Total Area: 120,728 sq mi (312,685 sq km)
- Government: Democratic republic
- Languages: Polish (official) 96.2%, Polish and non-Polish 2%, non-Polish 0.5%, unspecified 1.3% (2011 est.)
- Religion: Catholic 87.2% (includes Roman Catholic 86.9% and Greek Catholic, Armenian Catholic, and Byzantine-Slavic Catholic .3%), Orthodox 1.3% (almost all are Polish Autocephalous Orthodox), Protestant 0.4% (mainly Augsburg Evangelical and Pentacostal), other 0.4% (includes Jehovah’s Witness, Buddhist, Hare Krishna, Gaudiya Vaishnavism, Muslim, Jewish, Mormon), unspecified 10.8% (2012)
- Date/s Visited: March 2018 (5 days)
2. POLAND: The Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration & Extermination Camp – a dark chapter in human history