- Flag: The Spanish flag originated from the naval ensign chosen by King Charles III in the 1700s to help him easily distinguish the Spanish naval fleets. It wasn’t until 1843 that Queen Isabela II made it the official national flag of the country.
- Total Area: 194,896 sq mi (504,782 sq km)
- Government: Parliamentary monarchy
- Languages: Castilian Spanish 74% (official nationwide); Catalan 17%, Galician 7%, Basque 2% (each official regionally)
- Religion: Roman Catholic 94%, other 6%
- Date/s visited: June 2016 (10 days), December 2016 (8 days)
- SPAIN: Bienvenido a la Cala de Mijas!
- SPAIN: Spending a summer day in Marbella – Costa del Sol’s chic and most expensive beach resort town
- SPAIN: A walking tour along Mijas Costas beaches – from Calahonda to Playa la Cala de Mijas
- SPAIN: Exploring Cádiz, one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in western Europe
- SPAIN: Of deserted beaches, crowded fish restaurants and an ancient fortress in Zahara de los Atunes
- Málaga, SPAIN: A one-day trip to the vibrant provincial capital and the birthplace of Pablo Picasso (Things to see and do)