My favorite TV series:
- Friends – 10 seasons. Aired from 1994-2004. Starring Jennifer Aniston (Rachel Green), Courteney Cox (Monica Geller), Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe Buffay), Matt LeBlanc (Joey Tribbiani), Matthew Perry (Chandler Bing) and David Schwimmer (Ross Geller).
- The Big Bang Theory –
- The 70’s Show –
Starting the list today, 25.04.2019 😉 Warning: this page may contain some spoilers. So, what to watch on a Friday night?
Movies/Shows I’ve Watched (11)
- Avengers: Endgame (2019) – ♥♥♥♥♥/5.0 Enjoyed the movie w/ the hubby. It was quite long, so it’s important to empty your bladder before starting the film. I was a little bit disappointed with Thor’s transformation from a hunkie to an alcoholic slowed down by his beer belly, although many critics say that it was a way for him to relate to ordinary people. Many social issues were also ‘sort of pushed into the movie’, like the ladies fighting together during the war, Thor handing down the throne to a woman before he joined the Guardians, Captain America giving the shield to the Black Panther, etc. Cool, but a little bit superficial. Lastly, amazing effects! My two cents..
- Chernobyl (2019) – ♥♥♥♥/5.0 Cool mini-series, but not so sure about accuracy. Makes me want to visit Chernobyl in Ukraine. Scary background sound the whole time.. but thought that the detector sound effect was cool.
- I am Mother (2019) – ♥♥♥♥/5.0 Nice thriller movie about a droid raising a girl.
- Jo Koy: Live from Seattle (2017) – ♥♥♥♥/5.0 Funny half-Filipino, half-American guy! Most of his jokes were dirty, but I liked the stories of how his Filipina mother brought him up. It sounded like my mom.
- Julie & Julia (2009) – ♥♥♥♥♥/5.0 Love Meryl Streep, ever since Mama Mia! She was incredibly tall in the movie, thanks to the high heels she had to put on. The film makes me want to start a cooking blog, but I have so many things going on in my life right now. This travel blog is not even updated 😉 Ja vel..
- Medicinen (2014) – ♥♥/5.0 Lame movie. Very predictable. I love the Swedish accent, so I just had to finish the movie.
- Miss Congeniality/Miss Undercover (2000) – ♥♥♥♥/5.0 Love Sandra Bullock’s quirky side!
- My Bestfriend’s Wedding (1997) – ♥♥♥♥♥/5.0 Starring two of my favorite actresses during my teenage years! Romcom is seriously better before, with the ‘kilig’ scenes and the music and singing…
- Notting Hill (1999) – ♥♥♥♥♥/5.0 Kilig to the bones! The lines “I’m also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her’ got stuck in my brain since the first time I saw this movie. Should have visited Nottinghill when we were in London ❤
- Same Kind of Different as Me (2017) – ♥♥♥/5.0 Lovely Christian movie full of nice quotes and metaphor. I particularly liked the metaphor about the white men catching and releasing fish for fun, compared with how they catch and release people. Applicable to anyone, actually. I just wish it is still as easy to trust people nowadays as it was before.
- The Beguiled (2017) – ♥♥♥/5.0 A movie with just the right amount of thrill.. Not too much, not too little – just o.k. I didn’t have to hide under the sheets. It was just.. crazy how the girls turned to be so flirtatious when the soldier stayed with them. I thought it was a school for mentally challenged girls. But seriously, the soldier shouldn’t have taken advantage and flirted with all the girls. It was like a ‘curiosity kills the cat’- turn of events.
- The Princess Bride (1987) – ♥♥/5.0 I have no idea how my hubby made me watch the movie. Apparently, it was one of the best when it was released in the late 1980s, but later on, it became a joke (sorry, it was a joke). It was even included in lists of the top funniest movies of the 80s. It’s very sexist, just to warn you.. For instance, the princess bride did nothing while Westley was being attacked by the giant rodent, as in, she just stood there and sighed. She was all waiting to be saved – typical damsel in distress. Well, I guess it was indeed funny. Silly movie...
- The Way Back (2010) – ♥♥♥♥♥/5.0 Thrilling and sad and disappointing and happy and hopeful.. Very nice movie.
- Viceroy’s House (2017) – ♥♥♥♥/5.0 Nice film, with insights as to how India became independent. I didn’t know that Pakistan was a part of India before. And it was super nice that the two lovers got reunited in the end. Saves a heartache.